It’ been long ,I have come up with a post, was stuck with mundane life.
Simple things in life actually refreshes you back . This morning was enjoying the sunshine in my lil balcony garden , wherein the dark crimson bloom of rose juxtaposed a life experience.Rose with all thorns around it , one can’t get the rose without the prick…..similarly when your body is undergoing changes during pregnancy it embraces several impediments along the journey. This little momentary joy forced me to put on my thinking cap and here I am to share my experience , wherein my pregnancy was a rose and all ailments that one suffer were undoubtedly thorns……..
Most of ailments experienced during pregnancy are usually temporary and caused by hormonal changes and the extra strain your body is under.
Following are the most common ailments that any expecting woman experiences.
I bet you can’t find a single woman who have not complained about her back while expecting. Pregnancy strains your back and posture. To avoid or reduce backache, avoid lifting heavy weights, wearing high-heeled shoes or standing for too long.
The following are some tips which may help to alleviate backaches:
- Support your back with a cushion.
- Sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs.
- Sit with your back straight and well-supported.
- Use hot or cold pack on the sore part of your back.
- Avoid high heels ,It’s risky as well as hurts your back badly.So give up for few months atleast.
- Have someone to massage your back. If you are engaging a professional massage therapist, do inform him/her that you are pregnant.
Follow these simple tips and you are all set to carry your daily chores with a broad smile.
This arises from low blood pressure. Avoid long periods of standing, getting up too quickly and overheating, especially in the bath.
Home remedies like if you smell lemon or orange by just digging your nails on it so that you get the strong aroma of it. You feel good works best for nausea and lie down for while.
3. Morning Sickness
This is especially common in the early months of pregnancy and can occur at any time of the day. It usually disappears by 14 weeks.You have to bear this in your first trimester usually.
- Suggestions to help soothe morning sickness:
• Make sure you get enough rest.
• Stay away from odors that upset your stomach.
• Instead of eating three large meals each day, eat five to six smaller meals throughout the day.
• Before getting out of bed, eat a few crackers to calm your stomach.
• Snack on protein-rich foods, such as yogurt.
• Skip foods that are greasy or high in fat.
- Try rubbing fresh mint leaves in your palm and smell.The aroma helps to subdue nausea or you can also try with lemon ,scratch the rind for fresh aroma , it relieves the nausea tendency.
4. Heartburn / Indigestion
This is a painful, burning sensation in the chest caused by the regurgitation of stomach acid into the throat. The symptoms of indigestion, including heartburn, are common during pregnancy and are caused by hormonal changes and the growing womb pressing on the stomach. Usually you experience this when you enter 3rd trimester, as there is space crunch in your womb.To reduce indigestion and heartburn, you should eat small frequent meals, avoid spicy and greasy foods and refrain from drinking large amounts of liquid before bedtime. Alcohol, coffee and chocolate may aggravate the problem. You should try to sit as upright as possible and avoid lying flat after a meal. Propping yourself up with pillows at night may help to ease the symptoms. If the symptoms are not relieved with diet and lifestyle changes, the doctor may prescribe medications to help to ease the symptoms.
- Few simple ayurvedic medicines like Pudin Hara (by Dabur Ltd)basically mint juice it helps in improving digestion and gives instant relief .You can have it after taking anything spicy or greasy food to avoid heartburn and indigestion.Its absolutely safe.I was a regular user of this in my 3rd trimester.
2. If you are a believer of Homeopathy then you can try Carbo Vegetabilis 200 , it’ safe to take during pregnancy. Homeopathy medicines are mostly made from natural substance and are given in small doses.Best thing about homeopathy medicines are that they don’t have side effects as compared to allopathic.
3.Another simple remedy is to have ajwain or carom seeds with rock salt along with luke warm water.
Disclaimer: Every pregnancy differs and body is sensitive due to hormonal changes.Above mentioned tips are tried and tested but one should confirm from doctor before taking any medicines.
This can be due to the extra weight and pressure of your baby pressing on your bladder and pelvic floor, especially when you laugh, sneeze or run. Regular pelvic floor exercises during and after pregnancy will help.
6.Leg Aches and Cramps
The extra weight which you carry during the pregnancy can cause your legs to ache. Leg cramps are also common in the last months of pregnancy. Simple stretching and exercises may help in alleviating these aches and cramps.
These are dilated veins in your anus and can be very painful, itchy and uncomfortable, usually occurring from the third month onwards. Piles may bleed a little and may make going to the toilet uncomfortable and painful. Constipation and straining on the toilet can aggravate the condition, so try to keep your stools soft and regular. Having a diet high in fibre, such as wholemeal bread, fruits and vegetables, and drink plenty of water will help to prevent constipation; which in turn can help to ease or prevent piles.
Eating cottage cheese makes your morning washroom experience easy, so eat lot of cheese or paneer and drink lot of water.
8. Sleeplessness and Tiredness
It is common to feel tired and exhausted during your pregnancy. This could be due to anxiety, heartburn, and your baby pressing on your bladder or sheer bulk, making it difficult to get a good night’s sleep. A hot milky drink and a warm shower may help you relax and try to get as much rest as possible. Avoid caffeinated drinks as caffeine can make it harder to go to sleep.
These are raised, red lines on your breasts, abdomen, thighs or bottoms and are usually permanent. Stretch marks happen whenever the skin is stretched and affect up to around 80% of the pregnant women. The likelihood of getting stretch marks increases if your weight gain is more than average during your pregnancy. Certain creams or cocoa butter may help lighten the marks. Over time, the skin will shrink and the stretch marks will fade into white-coloured scars. Homemade coconut oil also works great in lightening stretch marks or any scar for that matter.You can use one that is available in market.
10. Swollen Ankles, Feet and Fingers
During pregnancy, you may experience swelling of the ankles, feet and fingers as you are retaining more fluid than usual. To avoid and ease the swollen ankles, refrain from standing for prolonged periods, try to wear comfortable shoes and put your feet up as much as you can. Swelling of the ankles and feet often occurs at the end of the day, after a day of walking and standing. This gradual swelling is not harmful to you or your baby. However, if you experience sudden swelling of the face, feet and fingers, do contact your doctor immediately.
This is a yeast infection of the vagina and can be treated with a cream or pessary.
12. Vaginal Secretions
Vaginal discharge during pregnancy is normal. The discharge is usually clear and white, and should not smell unpleasant. If the discharge is coloured or smells strange, or you feel itchy or sore, you will need to consult a doctor as you may be having vaginal infection.
13. Varicose Veins
Variose veins are distended veins around your calves, back, legs or thighs. The veins in the legs are most commonly affected. If you have varicose veins, you should avoid standing for prolonged periods and sitting with your legs crossed. Avoid putting on too much weight as this increases the pressure. You should also sit with your legs up, as this will help to ease the discomfort. Regular exercises will help in improving the circulation and ease the symptoms.
So ,goodbye to all malady and enjoy your nine month ride without any hassle.